Monday, October 7, 2013

Toddler Knee Pads

This is the easiest toddler knee pad ever. If you have a toddler learning to run, especially if your little one insists on running on your driveway or other paved surfaces, these knee pads are a must have, in my opinion. After one particularly bad scrape, I knew I had to protect my son's sweet little knees.

I actually bought a couple of pairs of knee pads before venturing to make my own. They did not work for us, however. My son has chunky knees, and the store bought pads were a bit snug on him. Also, they were too thick and restricted his knee from bending properly. Once when he did fall wearing the store bought pads, the pads rolled him forward, and he scraped his arm. No good!

So, here is the easiest toddler knee pad ever. 

1. Find a pair of athletic socks that have a relatively snug-fitting top portion. My husband's socks are perfect (shhhh!).

2. Cut off and discard the foot portion of the sock. The top part is your knee pad.




You're done! You really don't need to sew the cut end. I just tuck it under when my son is wearing them. They've been laundered a few times, and they are not fraying much. So easy! They are very lightweight and comfortable, even on pudgy knees. 

My son doesn't fall as much these days, but they have saved us a couple of scraped knees at a paved toddler park in recent weeks. 







No comments:

Post a Comment